Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Safely in Romny

. . . And that is not something to be taken lightly!  Stas made another high-speed run from Kiev to Romny, part of which I slept through.  I woke up, looked out the front window, and promptly closed my eyes again.  I figured if I was going to die, I'd rather not see it coming, and just let it surprise me.  Libby says our faces may look like we have exceeded Mach, or been in astronaut training after this ride.  After arriving, we went over to the orphanage and found Julia.  We really surprised her this time, so it was fun, again, to have her give us big, strong hugs and hear her squeal.  We took her and Svetlana to supper, and went over the details of our court appearance tomorrow.  She spent a lot of time prepping us, both at supper, and later on in the evening with just Libby and me.  Then Svetlana left us, we went to the store, and then walked home, just the three of us, to spend some alone time together.  While we were together, we were able to FaceTime Mary Beth and Virginia, so the sisters got to see each other. We communicated some by google translate, and are encouraged that Julia seems to be able to read English reasonably well.  So there is some level of foundation already laid in her English education.  Tomorrow is the big day - court at 11:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment