Saturday, October 26, 2013

Saturday - the end of our 6th straight week

What an anniversary.  I did not realize it was really 6 weeks that we have been here.  Plus the 2 weeks we were here the first time, so our 30-35 day trip is now at around 56 days.  And we still don't have a return date!
Libby debriefed me on their trip yesterday.  It was fairly uneventful, other than being long, and she had a bad headache for most of the trip.  I had to rub her head for almost an hour last night, before she could relax enough to go to sleep.  This driver drove more slowly, which is what we wanted, although it did make the trip longer.  Libby had either rain, or extremely heavy fog, to contend with the entire trip.  I don't think I have mentioned this, but the temperature does not vary much over the course of the day here.  It is not unusual for the high and low to be less than 10 degrees different.  It is frequently overcast, and there just isn't enough temperature rise during the day to burn off the moisture.
We forced ourselves to go out and walk around today.  You just can't sit in a small apartment starring at the walls all day.  Well, I guess you can, but how awful.  We walked up by the river, and it was nice.  There were a lot of people who had the same idea today.  We heard from the Foxes.  Their passport process went much more smoothly than ours, so they are already in Kiev.  They should get their passport toward the end of next week.
I almost forgot.  Just to the right of where we were standing in the second picture, there was a zip-line that went all the way across the river.  A guy jumped on it and went across while were watching.  I immediately thought of Timothy Marion when I saw this. I'll try to post the video on my facebook page.







No comments:

Post a Comment