Tuesday, October 8, 2013

We are having Way too much Fun!

Suppose you lived in a different town from me and I had a purple crayon.  You wanted me to prove that my crayon was purple, so i scribbled on a piece of paper and mailed it to you.  You then called me up and asked me if the purple was made with a red and blue crayon, and I said "no", it was made with a purple crayon.  You replied that only purple made with red and blue crayons was truly purple.  I have no way of knowing this, so you suggest that I contact the crayon manufacturer and have them certify that the purple I sent you was made from red and blue crayons.  Also, the certified letter (on company letterhead, of course) must be notarized, apostilled, and delivered within 5 working days, by a certified courier.  Without going into anymore details than my fable, this is what we are dealing with right now.  And sadly, there is very little exaggeration to my story.

Today was busy and interesting.  I started by going to Andrew's house to print, review, correct, and email the translation of the court resolution back to Svetlana.  Then Sean appeared (with some really good pastries)  and then all three of us walked to the bus station to meet two arriving Americans and help them get to their destination.  Sean and I knew one of the ladies, so it was a mini reunion in Romny.  Six adults smashed into a small taxi, back to the Foxes, and we all had lunch together.  While the guys were doing this, Libby, Cosette and the kids walked to the market to buy cucumbers and collect ladybugs, and then made lunch.  Andrew remarked he had never seen so many Americans in Romny before in his life!  Everyone split to go in different directions.  We had Julia from 3-5 this afternoon and had a really great time with her.  We had good, open sweet conversation, and she told us how much she looked forward to being in America with us.  After not seeing much of her the last couple of days, this was uplifting to us, particularly Libby.  I needed to call the immigration office in the US, but needed to use Sean's phone, but we had to add minutes to it, so off to the phone place, bought some minutes (lots of hand gestures and scribbling on paper), loaded it up and made my call.  (At this point, refer to fable above).  Cosette insisted we eat their food again!  Maybe she has adopted us in this process and i just missed it!  And finally home, to be greeted with a message we have a child with a health issue.  Fortunately, Sam and MB are taking care of everything.  Whew!  What a day.

Here, finally, is an authorized photo of Andrew (local hero, at least to the Foxes and Perrys), and Katherine (peace corp teacher).


No comments:

Post a Comment